Wusthof Diamond Sharpening Steel 23cm 3049705123
The diamond-coated Wusthof sharpening steel, 23 cm has a diamond-coated sharpening layer. As such it not only quickly removes material, the sharpening steel is also great for sharpening the hardest types of steel. Do, however, make sure you don't apply too much pressure as you sharpen your knives. Diamond won't wear out, but if you apply too much pressure it is possible you push the diamond particles out. With proper use, however, this sharpening steel will last for years!
Wusthof sharpening steels
When choosing a sharpening steel, the choice of material is a major factor. As stated above, diamond-coated sharpening steels do not wear out and can last a lifetime. Ceramic sharpening steels do wear, but have the advantage of removing slightly less material. So sharpening your knives more often is better for their lifespan. Pay special attention to the length: the sharpening steel should be at least as long as the longest kitchen knife you want to sharpen with it.
- Ideal for effectively sharpening knives in your own home.
- Flat shape produces an optimum edge on the knives.
- The rod is made of a core of solid stainless steel.
- Each rod can have up to 2 million diamond grains on the surface.
- The extremely fine grit guarantees a smooth cutting edge.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing faults and defects.
Free Standard Delivery (Australia Wide).