Staub Round Cocotte 26cm/5.2L Cherry Red
The Staub Round Oven is the ideal cookware piece to braise and brown meats, cook fish, soups and stews.
Unlike other conventional French or Dutch ovens, the Staub cast iron French oven's lid features special dimples/spikes that collect moisture to continue self basting your foods as it cooks. The close-fitting lid helps keeps flavours and moisture inside to ensure superior dishes and delicious meals.
The French Oven is made from enameled cast iron, a traditional and strong material that have superior heat retention and even cooking abilities. The equal distribution of heat will elimate hot spots, allowing you to cook the most delicate dishes. Enameled on the inside and out, including the black matte finish, these ovens require no seasoning and it won't react to acidic foods.
Each piece of Staub cookware has been personally designed by Francis Staub. Each oven is created with a single use sand mould, ensuring your piece is a one-of-a-kind creation.
Round Cocotte Features:
- Size: 26cm, 5.2 Litres.
- Each piece is made in Alsace, France, using a sand mould which is destroyed after the piece is made- so every Staub piece is totally unique.
- Made from top quality cast iron, coated in tough, chip-resistant enamel, inside and out.
- Glossy red exterior.
- Cast iron absorbs heat quickly, retaining it for longer, so your food is cooked evenly- saving you time and energy. It also ensures your meal stays warm long after it's been taken from the oven or off the heat.
- enameled matte black interior helps bring out the natural flavour of your food. Heavy, tight-fitting lid seals all the moisture and flavours of your food inside- plus, little bumps on the underside of the lid continuously baste your food to perfection as it cooks.
- Stainless steel knob.
- Oven safe.
- Smooth, ceramic base allows you to use the Cocotte on any cooktop, including induction, without scratching the surface of your stove.
Care and Cleaning:
- Low to medium heat required only.
- Recommended for use with wooden or plastic cooking utensils only.
- Hand wash recommended.