Miyabi 5000FCD Shotoh Paring Knife 9cm 62480
Only 1 left in stock!
This Japanese shotoh, also known as a vegetable knife, has a hard fine carbide steel core which gives very good cutting edge retention and sharpness. It is light weight and nimble, and suited for cutting, peeling small fruit and vegetables.
The FC61 steel core of the blade is embedded in 48 outer layers of Damascus-design steel, giving each knife its unique pattern.
The cutting edge is symmetrical (not single bevel) so it’s suitable for both right and left-handed use. The edge is Honbazuke-honed – a three-stage grinding, sharpening and polishing process resulting in razor-like sharpness. There is no finger guard so the whole length of the cutting edge can be used.
The Pakka wood handle seamlessly joins the half-bolster. The smooth join helps to prevent calluses forming on the thumb and forefinger.
For best care, it’s recommended to hand wash only. Maintain and sharpen on a whetstone, and using glass, ceramic or stone cutting boards should be avoided as this can prematurely dull the cutting edge.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Symmetrical cutting edge
- Pakka wood handle
- Steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Made in Japan
- Do not wash in dishwasher, as this may cause corrosion of the blades
- To clean, run under hot water with a small amount of detergent and dry thoroughly
- Store in a dry, moisture- free place to avoid rusting or discolouration
- If the knives are not used for an extended period of time, wrap them in a dry cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place; the hygroscopic paper will keep the blades dry and the oil from the printing ink prevent corrosion
- Select the correct knife for the task to ensure you will get the best cutting results and you are also easy on the blades
- Miyabi knives should only be sharpened with a professional sharpening stone due to the extremely hard steel and the fine Honbazuke honing of the knives
Packaging Type: Gift Box
Colour: Black and silver
Material: Blade core made of FC61 Fine Carbide steel, surrounded by 48 layers of Damask steel. Black Pakka Wood handle with durable Stainless Steel end cap and decorative pin
Warranty: Lifetime manufacturer warranty
|Type of handle||concealed tang|
|Type of edge||Smooth Edge|
|Edge finishing||Honbazuke edge|
|Number of parts||1|
|Blade hardness (HRC)||60-62 HRC|
|Substance handle||Pakka Wood|
Dimensions & weight
|Net weight||0.08 kg|
|Length of product||20.50 cm|
|Width of product||1.80 cm|
|Height of product||2.60 cm|
|Blade length||9.00 cm|
|Handle length||11.50 cm|
|Handle width||1.80 cm|
|Blade width||1.60 mm|
|Blade thickness||1.60 mm|
Free Standard Delivery (Australia Wide). Same day dispatch guarantee when order placed before 11am (Monday - Friday excluding public holidays).