Miyabi 5000FCD Santoku Knife 18cm 62485
Only 3 left in stock!
This Japanese santoku has a hard fine carbide steel core for very good cutting edge retention and sharpness. Santoku translates as "Three Virtues", these being meat, fish and vegetables. The flat cutting edge lends itself to a chopping motion rather than the rocking cutting movement of European chef's knives.
The blade core is surrounded by 48 outer layers of steel which make up the unique Damascus-design pattern on the blade.
The cutting edge is Honbazuke-honed and symmetrical (not single bevel), so can be used by those both right and left-handed. There is no finger guard so the whole length of the cutting edge can be used.
The handle and half-bolster join seamlessly for comfortable use. The smooth surface helps to prevent the formation of calluses on the thumb and forefinger.
Hand wash only for best care, and maintain and sharpen using a whetstone. We’d recommend using a wooden chopping board rather than glass, ceramic or stone boards as these will dull the cutting edge.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Symmetrical cutting edge
- Pakka wood handle
- Steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Made in Japan
- Do not wash in dishwasher, as this may cause corrosion of the blades
- To clean, run under hot water with a small amount of detergent and dry thoroughly
- Store in a dry, moisture- free place to avoid rusting or discolouration
- If the knives are not used for an extended period of time, wrap them in a dry cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place; the hygroscopic paper will keep the blades dry and the oil from the printing ink prevent corrosion
- Select the correct knife for the task to ensure you will get the best cutting results and you are also easy on the blades
- Miyabi knives should only be sharpened with a professional sharpening stone due to the extremely hard steel and the fine Honbazuke honing of the knives
Packaging Type: Gift Box
Colour: Black and silver
Material: Blade core made of FC61 Fine Carbide steel, surrounded by 48 layers of Damask steel. Black Pakka Wood handle with durable Stainless Steel end cap and decorative pin
Warranty: Lifetime manufacturer warranty
|Type of handle||concealed tang|
|Type of edge||Smooth Edge|
|Edge finishing||Honbazuke edge|
|Number of parts||1|
|Blade hardness (HRC)||60-62 HRC|
|Substance handle||Pakka Wood|
Dimensions & weight
|Net weight||0.20 kg|
|Length of product||32.20 cm|
|Width of product||2.50 cm|
|Height of product||4.70 cm|
|Blade length||18.00 cm|
|Handle length||14.20 cm|
|Handle width||2.50 cm|
|Blade width||0.20 cm|
|Blade thickness||0.20 cm|
Free Standard Delivery (Australia Wide). Same day dispatch guarantee when order placed before 11am (Monday - Friday excluding public holidays).