Miyabi 5000FCD Gyutoh Chef Knife 16cm 62482
Only 2 left in stock!
The gyutoh is the chef’s knife of the Japanese kitchen, used as a general purpose knife for preparing larger cuts of meat and vegetables.
The blade core is made of hard fine carbide steel for very good initial sharpness and cutting edge retention. 48 layers of steel surround the core and make up the Damascus design of the blade.
A three-stage grinding, sharpening and polishing process called Honbazuke honing gives the knife a razor sharp cutting edge. There is no finger guard so the whole length of the cutting edge can be used. The edge is symmetrical (not single bevel) so can be used by those both left and right handed.
The smooth join between handle and bolster helps to prevent calluses forming on thumb and forefinger.
For best care, wash by hand, and maintain and sharpen using whetstones. Avoid using glass, ceramic or stone cutting boards as these will dull the cutting edge.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Symmetrical cutting edge
- Pakka wood handle
- Steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Made in Japan
- Do not wash in dishwasher, as this may cause corrosion of the blades
- To clean, run under hot water with a small amount of detergent and dry thoroughly
- Store in a dry, moisture- free place to avoid rusting or discolouration
- If the knives are not used for an extended period of time, wrap them in a dry cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place; the hygroscopic paper will keep the blades dry and the oil from the printing ink prevent corrosion
- Select the correct knife for the task to ensure you will get the best cutting results and you are also easy on the blades
- Miyabi knives should only be sharpened with a professional sharpening stone due to the extremely hard steel and the fine Honbazuke honing of the knives
Packaging Type: Gift Box
Colour: Black and silver
Material: Blade core made of FC61 Fine Carbide steel, surrounded by 48 layers of Damask steel. Black Pakka Wood handle with durable Stainless Steel end cap and decorative pin
Warranty: Lifetime manufacturer warranty
|Type of handle||concealed tang|
|Type of edge||Smooth Edge|
|Edge finishing||Honbazuke edge|
|Number of parts||1|
|Blade hardness (HRC)||60-62 HRC|
|Substance handle||Pakka Wood|
Dimensions & weight
|Net weight||0.18 kg|
|Length of product||30.30 cm|
|Width of product||2.50 cm|
|Height of product||4.60 cm|
|Blade length||16.00 cm|
|Handle length||13.30 cm|
|Handle width||1.80 cm|
|Blade width||0.20 cm|
|Blade thickness||0.20 cm|
Free Standard Delivery (Australia Wide). Same day dispatch guarantee when order placed before 11am (Monday - Friday excluding public holidays).