Cheese Fondue Recipe
Cheese fondue are prefect for Colder Months!! Delicious bread and cheese, tasty meat and broth, delectable fruit and chocolate...all these choices and more are easy to create and enjoy.
- 1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine (375ml)
- 1 tbsp corn starch (15ml)
- 2 teaspoons kirsch (10ml)
- 1/2 lb. Emmental cheese, grated (500ml/2 cups)
- 1/2 lb. Gruyere cheese, grated (500ml/2 cups)
- 1 loaf good bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
Rub the inside of a Swissmar fondue pot with the cut sides of the garlic to flavor the pot. Discard garlic (or keep it in for a little more flavor). Pour the wine into a pot and bring to a mild simmer over medium heat. Toss together the grated cheese with the cornstarch. Gradually add the cheese/cornstarch mixture 1 handful at a time to the heated wine in the pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zigzag pattern. Bring fondue to a simmer and cook, stirring, about 5-8 minutes until thickened. Stir in the Kirsch, nutmeg and pepper. If preparing your fondue in a separate pot, transfer cheese fondue mixture to a fondue pot set over lit fondue burner and serve with cubed bread for dipping.