How to take Care of Your Cookware
Taking Care of Your SCANPAN Cookware
SUGGESTIONS FOR DAILY USEBefore first use:
- Remove all labels and wash your product in warm soapy water; dry completely.
- If required, assemble the glass knob according to the directions in the user’s guide.
- The propellants in these type of nonstick products can impair the nonstick properties of our pans if not properly cleaned after every use – we recommend using your favorite oil, butter or fat for taste as you don't need to use any anything in our nonstick pans if you don't want to.
- We recommend heating your pan for 60-90 seconds on medium heat to get the perfect cooking temperature (you'll save energy, too!) at which time your pan will be ready to sear, brown and deglaze!
- If you use our pans on a higher heat, we recommend using a high-heat flash point oil such as grape seed, avocado, rice or vegetable oils for optimum cooking performance.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CLEANING & MAINTAINING YOUR SCANPAN COOKWARE
For a lifetime of use, always do the following:
- Clean & rinse your pan after every use using warm to hot soapy water and sponge.
- Do not be afraid to use a natural bristle or nylon brush to clean with Bar Keepers Friend or any other scouring cleanser for stickier or problematic situations.
- Do not leave any visible or physical food/fat residue in your pan after cleaning; doing so can cause sticking to occur during next use; re-clean, if necessary, using hot water.
- To avoid scratches and scuff marks to the exterior/interior of your pans, do not store directly on top of one another without using some type of divider/protection.